Vitamin B-6 is a cofactor for about 70 enzymes, mostly involved with protein, carbohydrate and lipid metabolism.
B-6 deficiency, usually the result of pregnancy, alcoholism, or drug interactions, can cause inflammation of the mouth and lips, irritability, depression, and confusion.
Clinical research supports the use of this vitamin for:
- improving mood and nerve conduction
- increasing muscular performance
- reducing blood levels of homocysteine
- lowering risk of cardiovascular disease
- decreasing the incidence of kidney stones