Vitamin-B-2 (riboflavin) — Avoiding dairy products? Watch out!
The B-vitamins are required for energy production and the synthesis and metabolism of various biological substances. Your
body does not make them, so you must get an adequate amount in food or from supplements.
Vitamin B-2 plays a key role in the metabolism of fats, carbohydrates, and proteins.
B-2 deficiencies can be caused by:
- low consumption of milk
- chronic alcoholism
- chronic diarrhea
- birth control pills
- regular strenuous exercise.
The result of B-2 deficiencies can be:
- lesions of the skin and digestive tract
- nervous disorders
- numbness and decreased sensitivity
- oily scaly skin rashes
- inflammation of the tongue and lips
- red, itchy, oversensitive eyes.