Poly-Zyme 022 is used for:
- preventing metastases in cancer patients;
- to stop herpes infections, such as shingles.
Poly-Zyme 022 is enteric coated to prevent dissolution in the stomach.
Read Poly-Zyme 022 Monograph
The Poly-Zyme supplements are combinations of enzymes having different purposes or methods of use. These products are widely
used in Germany. The following information comes mostly from German clinical studies and reports from users:
- Poly-Zyme 022 is used by cancer patients to prevent metastases, and by people with herpes infections, such as shingles. It
is enteric coated to prevent dissolution in the stomach.
All three Poly-Zyme supplements draw from the following repertoire of enzymes and flavonoids:
- the proteolytic enzymes pancreatin, papain, bromelain, trypsin, and chymotrypsin cleave proteins into fragments;
- the enzyme lipase cleaves fats;
- the enzyme amylase cleaves carbohydrates;
- the bioflavonoid rutin, an antioxidant, reduces DNA damage and cancer, and is thought to strengthen the walls of blood vessels.
- thymus concentrate, from calf thymus, contains a variety of thymic proteins, some of which regulate parts of the immune system.
The mechanism of action of Poly-Zyme 022 and 023 is not well understood, but is thought involve the cleaving of substances
on the surfaces of cancer cells and viruses.
Caution: Individuals taking warfarin (coumadin) should not use these products without consulting a physician.